Under current regulations, the Building Owner is responsible to ensure compliance with Building Regulations and must appoint competent Designers, the Builder and the Assigned Certifier.
Certifier or Assigned Certifier you must either be a Chartered Engineer, Chartered Building Surveyor or a Registered Architect and have relevant experience.
At JODA, our team of Chartered Engineers have fulfilled the roles of Design Certifier and Assigned Certifier on a range of projects since the new regulations commenced. Our services include;
- Carrying out Building Regulation design compliance reviews
- Preparing Inspection Plans and Inspection Notification Frameworks
- Interfacing with Building Control Authorities through the online Building Control Management System
- Completing and signing the relevant statutory certificates
- Co-ordinating the required Ancillary Design & Inspection Certificates
- Oversee the inspection plan during construction
- Acting as the single point of contact with the Building Control Authority
For more information on your obligations to appoint a Design Certifier or Assigned Certifier to your project, please enter your details on the left and we will forward our Assigned Certifier FAQ’s to you.