Director – Mechanical / Building Services Engineer
JODA Engineering Consultants are seeking applications for the position of Director Building Services Engineer within our Cork Office. You will play a key strategic role in a rapidly growing company. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to become an equity shareholder.
The opportunity we are looking to appoint is a Chartered Mechanical or Building Services Engineer with a track record in project design and delivery.
The position boasts a very competitive salary with pension contributions and profit share, strong workload into 2022, dynamic team, flexible working hours including working from home and a real opportunity for short term career progression beyond Director level to equity partner.
About the role:
- Director – Building Services Engineer, Chartered status, with a proven track record in building services
- Possess excellent communication skills and also inter-personal skills to drive team forward.
- Be capable in driving the development of their department to maintain a distinct position within the industry
- Support company policies and procedures
- Position is a hands-on role so detailed design skills are of paramount importance
- Competent software skills including Revit, AutoCAD.
- Prepare and implement JODA’s business growth plan with the support of existing directors.
- Lead the design process and manage project delivery to a high standard within agreed budgets.
- Organise, mentor, empower and manage the team to be focused on achieving the best market position for the business.
- Identify new opportunities and ensure that the best pursuit strategies are in place.
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain existing and new client relationships and market position.
- Work with individuals and client teams to maximise client and revenue generating activities across the region.
- Drive profitable and sustainable growth.
- Meet the other Directors monthly to provide a business report and update.
- Develop marketing and communication plans.
- Competitor analysis and identifying market/industry trends.
- Set KPIs and monitor client satisfaction.
- A person with integrity, experience, confidence, and the stature to effectively address major client needs and challenges.
- Working knowledge and understanding the principles of Building Services Engineering.
- A proven track record in construction project design and delivery.
- Extensive existing relationships, in particular in the Munster region, as well as a strong sector profile with the ability to engage clients and form long lasting relationships.
- Extremely strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- A hands-on approach to projects and employee management.
- A natural problem solver who can find simple, efficient solutions to identified challenges or complications.
- Demonstrable leadership, team building and influencing skills
- Commercial acumen; selling and delivering complex solutions to the relevant sector clients.
- The ability to attain influence, profile and market share that places JODA Engineering Consultants as one of the most enduring MEP and civil and structural engineers in the industry.
- Continue to build on JODA’s track record and reputation.
- To set ambitious yet realistic goals for 2022 onwards.
- Develop relationships with the key players in the industry. Consequently, have a clear understanding of the pipeline of work for all key clients, activity levels and business strategy.
- To develop a cohesive team and engineering design offering, that utilises the company’s expertise to develop a consultancy service across the Irish market place.
- Pull together the key contacts within the business, utilise market intelligence and combine this with the central expertise and knowledge to develop a winning formula in the sector.
JODA Engineering Consultants provide consultancy services within the educational, healthcare,industrial, residential and commercial sectors across the Island with our main focus predominantly in Munster.
We are and engineering consultancy, 60 years in business
With extensive experience across all sectors, we take pride in guiding all our projects to the highestof standards from design stage through to completion
Our main focus has always been and will continue to be client driven and focused. We take pride inproviding extensive support to our clients/customers and developing strong working relationships. Itis this ethos that has identified us as one of the most enduring engineering companies in the country.
Please email your resume and a brief introductory letter to vacancies(at)joda.ie
Please note that all enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence